Mission & Outreach
We strongly believe that serving others is necessary as well as spiritually rewarding. Outreach initiatives flow from our desire to bring good into the lives of other people. We enjoy sharing the Good News of God’s unfailing love and forgiveness with those we come in contact with. Our message and actions echo that of the early church—where people feel valued, are considered important and are shown compassion in their time of need.
Some of our recent outreach events include:
- Manhasset Planet’s garden harvest collection site and distributor of fresh produce to local food pantries.
- Fourth Sunday Food Collection for various local food pantries including The Long Island Council of Churches Freeport Pantry
- UMCOR’s “Done in a Day” housing rebuild program for victims of Superstorm Sandy.
- Operation Christmas Child
Additionally, The Community Reformed Church at Manhasset supports:
- Gift of Hope (Reformed Church in America)
- Interfaith Nutrition Network
- Compassion International
- Doctors Without Borders
- Manhasset/Great Neck EOC
- Adventures in Learning
There are Outreach meetings throughout the year and they are open to all who want to attend. If you have any questions please contact the church office by calling – 516.627.3494 or reach out to us through our contact form.
We look forward to serving with you!
Our Ecumenical Women’s Ministry leaders reflect on a breakfast and “shopping day” event for the women at Housing+ Solutions, an organization that provides community-based housing and comprehensive services to women, to support them in overcoming poverty, homelessness, addiction, trauma, and the effects of incarceration.